Rationale and definition:
This indicator will track whether key international institutions deliver an official annual report assessing whether international rules are consistent with achieving the SDG. The reports should also outline options for improvement to make the rules consistent with achieving the goals. Institutions and reports covered by this indicator include:
- BIS: Report on international financial regulatory standards (i.e. Basel III and successors)
- IASB: Report on international accounting standards.
- IFRS: Report on international financial monitoring standards
- IMF: Report on the international financial system.
- WIPO: Report on the international intellectual property regime.
- WTO: Report on the international trade system.
Other organizations can be added to this indicator.
This indicator should also address issues relating to the internal governance of the above institutions.
Monitoring would be done by institution.
Comments and limitations:
To be reviewed once the indicator has been constructed.
Preliminary assessment of current data availability by Friends of the Chair:
Primary data source:
Potential lead agency or agencies:
BIS, IASB, IFRS, IMF, WIPO, WIPO, etc.